Sunday, October 10, 2010

"Moe'uhane" Mermaid surfboard

Here is my latest hand-painted surfboard, shaped by Jeff Malmen.. I have titled her, "Moe'uhane," which means "dream" in Hawaiian. She is still a work in progress, but I plan to have her finished by this weekend, October 16-17 in time for Open Studios. Please come by and see her, as well as my latest paintings. I'll have prints of my last mermaid surfboard, "Malia"(see below) and many other prints available for purchase.

On this piece, I hand painted the woodgrain as a faux bird's eye maple and walnut finish. On the bottom of the board I am painting a Hawaiian mermaid as I see her resting at the bottom of a Hawaiian reef, encircled with Butterfly fish, coral and abalone as she dreams of a handsome fisherman.





No comments:

Post a Comment